Find the events not to be missed in Houston with our Day + Nightlife guide from Monday, December 13 to Sunday, December 19, 2021.
Your favorite nightlife guide is back to heal your weekly FOMO. We’ve got you covered with our list of arts, music and nightlife events happening all week around Houston, Monday through Sunday.
Here are our picks for day and night living in Houston from Monday, December 13 to Sunday, December 19, 2021:
Houston Day + Nightlife Guide: December 13-19, 2021
- 3rd Annual Hometown Vacation and Trail of Lights at Silver Sycamore | Starts Thursday, December 16 – Walk the third edition of Silver Sycamore of the Hometown Holidays & Trail of Lights celebration in Pasadena. The festival will offer a magical course of lights, Santa Claus, shows, shopping and more over eight days, with different themes each evening. Tickets are $ 14 in advance. 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. every day.
- Christmas cookie and wine pairing at Decant Urban Winery | Thursday December 16 and Friday December 17 – Just in case Santa wants some wine with his cookies this year, participate in a Cookie and Wine Pairing at Decant Urban Winery. This Heights cellar offers a flight of 4 wines in combination with different types of cookies. $ 35. 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Big Father Christmas Party at the 8th Wonder Brewery | Saturday December 18 & Sunday December 19 | No cover – EaDo’s 8th Wonder brings the holidays with a 2-day food festival featuring over 20 vendors from around the world and a few local favorites. Wear your stretchy pants to taste all the flavors of the world in one place. Saturday noon to 10 p.m. Sunday noon to 8 p.m.
Monday, December 13, 2021
Tuesday, December 14, 2021
- Burger & Wax Tuesdays at Trez Art & Wine Bar | No cover – Take the elevated approach to burger night at Trez Art and Wine near Washington Ave. Try the restaurant’s juicy half-pound beef patty and serve it with a glass of wine or a specialty cocktail. Reservations are not required, but strongly recommended. 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- The moth at the warehouse live – Explore the art of storytelling as performers take the stage to share a personal five-minute story based on a preset theme. The theme for this month is wisdom. $ 15. 7 p.m.
- Tacos and trivia at True Anomaly Brewing | No cover – If you’re looking for a new trivia night to dominate, try EaDo’s True Anomaly on Tuesday nights. The 4-round trivia session ends with a final endangerment question. After the game, grab some tacos from El Abrijes Oaxacan Streetfood, which will be on site. 7:30 p.m.
Wednesday, December 15, 2021
Thursday, December 16, 2021
Friday, December 17, 2021
- Cookie Decorating Class at Ingenious Brewing Company – Humble’s Ingenious Brewing Company can cure your sweet tooth with a Holiday Cookie Decorating Class hosted by Baking Up a Storm Bakery. Each guest will create five different cookies during a one-hour session and receive a free drink from the brewery. $ 30. 6 p.m.
- Von Hindenburg in concert at the Concert Pub North – Led Zeppelin tribute band Von Hindenburg will take you to “Stairway to Heaven” with their homage to the 70s band in North Houston. Tickets start at $ 15. 7 p.m.
- Kaitlin Butts in concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck | Virtual option – Country musician Kaitlin Butts heads to Houston for a show at Upper Kirby’s McGonigel’s Mucky Duck. Tickets start at $ 30. Virtual live streaming option is available. 7 p.m.
- Ugly Sweater Party and Christmas Karaoke at Lucky Dog Sports Bar | No cover – Dust off your ugly Christmas sweater and head to Spring for Lucky Dog’s Festive Friday. Get in the mood in your Christmas outfit and sing your favorite holiday tunes. 8 p.m.
- To serve! to the warehouse live – Watch your favorites like Adore Delano, Jujubee, Honey Davenport and many more light up the scene at EaDo’s Warehouse Live. $ 65 in advance; $ 75 day of the show. 8 p.m.
- Texas Flood in concert at Dosey Doe: The Big Barn – In the Woodlands, this blues group pays homage to Stevie Ray Vaughan and other legendary songwriters with a performance in the Big Barn. $ 18 to $ 28. 8:30 p.m.
- Laugh with Jeff Joe at Sable Gate Winery – Local comedian Jeff Joe teams up with a team of star comedians for an evening of laughs at Sable Gate Winery in Midtown. This month’s show will star Anthonie Perla, Joseph Romero and De De T. $ 15. 9 p.m.
- DJ Dillon Francis at Sekai Night & Day – Los Angeles DJ and EDM producer Dillon Francis makes his Sekai debut for a Friday night show. Local DJ Jeremy Nite will support the show. $ 35; VIP tables with bottle service, a cabin, day beds, sofas and more are available for reservation. 22h.
Saturday, December 18, 2021
- Chili Cook-Off at Midtown of Little Woodrow | No cover – Show off your best chili recipe at Little Woodrow’s Midtown location. Prizes will be awarded to the first, second and third place winners. 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- International Food Fest at the Zone | FREE – If you’re hungry, head to the Southwestern Houston area for the International Food Fest. Thirty vendors from around the world come together to offer Houstonians the tastiest delicacies from their respective countries. Free with the RSVP advance; $ 5 at the door. From noon to 6 p.m.
- Houston Holiday Food & Games Festival at Sports Creek | No cover – Sports Creek at EaDo has a holiday festival with giant games, delicious food trucks, a full bar, and the chance to snap a photo with Santa himself. From noon to 8 p.m.
- BLCK Market presents A BLCK Christmas Holiday Market at the Buffalo Soldiers National Museum – BLCK Market hosts its third annual holiday market and the final market of the year. BLCK Market features black businesses and entrepreneurs to provide an opportunity to showcase quality products to tens of thousands of customers. Limited free admissions are available; $ 5 after that. 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Holiday Jazz Picnic with Tianna Hall in Secret Park in Downtown Houston – Do not miss the last event of the year of Bayou City Picnic. Customers will appreciate the gourmet picnic baskets with cold meats or sandwiches as well as a warm blanket for snuggling up. Jazz artist Tianna Hall accompanies the night with Christmas and swing hits. The venue of the event will be emailed after purchasing the tickets. $ 90, with additional options for three or four people, wine, flowers, additional snacks and more. 4.30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Island of Misfit Toys Christmas party at La Granja Disco y Cantina – LGBTQ + friendly organization Houston Bears is having their annual holiday party at La Granja Disco y Cantina in Northwest Houston. Come dressed as your favorite character from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and Misfit Toys Island. There will be food and a White Elephant gift exchange. $ 30. 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Feel the Beat Karaoke at Molly’s Pub | No cover – Take your karaoke night to the next level at Molly’s Pub in Westchase on Saturday night. Bring your friends and make your karaoke debut. 9:30 p.m.
Sunday 19 December 2021
- The Holiday Brunch! Mixer and MarchÃ© au Pitch 25 | FREE – The Brunch! is back with another seasonal market at EaDo’s Pitch 25, just in time for giveaway season. Don your best ugly Christmas sweater to shop at local vendors, snap photos with Santa, take a goat yoga class, and enjoy drinks and live music. Entrance to the market is free, but goat yoga costs $ 5. 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Bellaire Open Air Market at Evelyn’s Park | FREE – HTX Market is moving its market from the last Sunday to the week before Christmas, so you can do your last minute shopping for the holidays. Shop for gifts and treats from local vendors and grab a bite to eat at Betsy’s located in Evelyn’s Park. From noon to 4 p.m.
- Snowcial Art and Gift Market at Social Beer Garden | No cover – Social Beer Garden brings snow to Houston with its holiday art and gift market. Shop from local vendors while the snow machine makes you feel like you are in a winter wonderland. 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Top of the H-Town sneakers at the NRG Center – The ultimate shoe collector event is back for another high. Buy, sell, trade and browse some of the rarest and most collectable shoes and accessories. General admission starts at $ 35. 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Gumbeaux’s jam at Playground Houston – Spend your Sunday sampling some of the state’s top okra vendors at the Houston Playground in Midtown. Free tickets are available until 4 p.m. and come with a sample of okra and a free drink. After 4 p.m., admission is $ 20 and includes three okra samples and a drink. 3 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Find more things to do in Houston throughout the year
You can find more fun in our interactive events calendar and our 365 weekend guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a recap of the great things to do this weekend in Houston delivered to your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss anything, you can also sign up for our daily update emails (emailed six days a week).
Click here to sign up for free.